Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bedroom Rennovation IV

So, some of you might remember that hubby and I were in the process of renovating our bedroom. Well, we finally had new carpet instaledl yesterday... let me check that off of the list.

1. Paint Bedroom
2. New Bedding and Blinds for Bedroom
3. New Carpet for Bedroom
4. New Furniture for Bedroom
5. New Curtains We decided we didn't need curtains with the new blinds
6. Get Really Big Mirror

We are officially one step closer to being finished with the bedroom.

Now on a somewhat lighter note:

I am pretty sure that my big dog is a Buddhist, or at least very Zen. Any time I start to get a little too materialistic or prideful, he makes sure that I an snapped right back into the correct balance and gt my priorities straight.

For example, yesterday after the carpet was installed I vacuumed a couple of times to get up the new fuzz, and was marveling at the new addition to the bedroom and really at how good it looked. The carpet installers had left maybe, maybe 10 minutes prior when my big dog walked into the bedroom and barfed all over the new carpet. The spot he chose to deposit this gift? 2 inches from the threshold... one more step and he would have been in the hallway... but no... my priorities were out of wack and he needed to let me know that.

Thank you Beo, for setting mommy straight. :)

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I know how you feel, usually when the house looks perfect, someone gifts us with a hairball. Congratulations on all you progress!