Monday, July 09, 2007

Housecleaning Routines

This is how I feel about cleaning most days... but not today!

Today is my first day back to work after a week of bed rest. I am really hoping that I will not be overly tired when I get home tonight since my goal is to begin my housecleaning routines again.

I have to admit, that I have not cleaned my house in over thee weeks! (the shame, the shame!) I was too tired, it was too hot, you name it, I have been using it as an excuse.

I can't stand it anymore, so I am starting up tonight.

My cleaning routines look something like this:





























Monday Clean Kitchen
Tuesday Clean Bathrooms
Wednesday Dust Entire House
Thursday Vacuum Entire House
Friday NOTHING :)
Saturday Laundry
Sunday Laundry

Since today is Monday I will be cleaning the kitchen. This entails:

  • Cleaning all counter tops
  • Wiping down all the things that sit on the counter tops (Knife block, toaster oven, etc.)
  • Cleaning the stove
  • Cleaning the front of the oven, trash compactor, dishwasher, refrigerator
  • Scouring the sink and shining the spigot
  • Vacuuming and mopping the floor
  • Cleaning the kitchen table
  • Windexing the sliding glass doors to remove puppy prints
  • Shaking out door mats
My kitchen is huge, which means this is a really big job. The kitchen alone takes close to an hour if not more to clean.

I will keep telling myself that it is easier to maintain clean than it is to get it clean in the first place!

What is your cleaning routine?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very ambitious! My schedule goes something like this: Mon:upstairs; Tues:downstairs; Wed:errands & laundry; Thurs:kitchen; Fri:not much of anything; Sat: laundry & general straightening up and Sunday:anything I want to do & iron. PS where's my piece of raisin bread???

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting your new routines. I work outside the home took, and boy has it been tough to figure out how to get it all done. I love how you've chosen one room per day and spread it throughout the week. I think this is the solution I need - not sure why something so simple eluded me for so long!

Molly said...

Grace,

I can certainly sympathize! I looked through all the Flylady stuff and looked at other peoples schedules, but they seems to all (or maybe I should say most) be SAHMs. The schedules they kept just didn't work for me. The room by room seems to work better. Now, life gets in the way some times (well, a lot of times) but I have been cleaning this way since November and it seems to work pretty well.

Good luck!