Thursday, July 26, 2007

Some Days My Heart Just Hurts...

I was reading the news at CNN.com and Michael Vicks' hearing for the dogfighting charges he has been brought up on. I hope he is found guilty... I hope his punishment is to be treated the way fighting pit bulls are treated.

Some days my heart just hurts from all of the cruelty in the world.

On Tuesday I took Jax (the little dog) to the vet to have his nails trimmed. When I pulled into the parking lot I saw both a SPCA van and an Animal Control Van and wondered what was going on. It seems animal control picked up a dog that was too severely injured for the SPCA to treat so they brought it to the only emergency vet in the area. It seems the dog's owner had thrown him off a bridge. The good news is that they arrested the owner and it seems the dog can be helped. I hope the owner is found guilty and I hope they throw him off a bridge.

I don't know how anyone could hurt an animal intentionally, but it makes me wonder how these people treat other people.

Some days my heart just hurts from all of the cruelty in the world.

(It seems one pit bull got revenge on Mr. Vick... very funny)

No comments: