Thursday, August 02, 2007

I Heart Yoga


I am not an exerciser. In fact, I can admit, that although I have "worked out" in the past, I absolutely hate to exercise. It is not that I am a couch potato or anything like that, I would rather just be active than have to carve time out of my day to actually exercise.

I knew that when I got pregnant I would have to change my ways a bit and make sure that I was active, it would help me keep the weight gain down (lost 6 pounds so far, and I'm not trying, I eat everything I swear), help me with labor (or so I hear), and would be good for the baby. So I started looking into activities that I could do as a woman who is pregnant and out of shape. I found yoga. Specifically, prenatal yoga. And I love it! Not only can I feel my body strengthening and stretching, becoming more supple, it is just so darn relaxing. I kinda feel like a bowl of Jell-O when I get done, a strong, powerful bowl of Jell-O.

I am so pleased that I started this... hopefully I can continue with this through the rest of my pregnancy and after.

Did you do anything special exercise wise when you were pregnant?

P.S. The Yoga Mama and Yoga Baby tank set is from a company called Sugartush (www.sugartush.com) a friend of mine owns/runs it with her sister in law. Such cute things!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I loved yoga and those Walking Away the Pounds tapes because they helped me stay active, but didn't push me toooo far :)

I love the shirt- that is really cute!