Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm back!

So my blogging vacation is over, since my real vacation is over. Hubby and I spent the last week on a beach south of here. It was wonderful!

I am not frugal on vacation. I am not ashamed of that either. We rent a condo which means that we can cook some of our meals at home, which is I guess, actually sorta frugal. However my spending/shopping on vacation was not frugal. I was able to do the bulk of my holiday shopping which was really nice and pick up a few things for myself while I was at it.

I did get a could GREAT deals though...

Maternity jeans from K-Mart for $3.00 (regular price $19.99 which is still cheap). I thought they were going to be a steal at $6.00 but I read the sign wrong and they were 50% off of the sale price. :)



I also got a new umbrella from K-Mart for $2.00. Once again it was marked $6.00 but was apparently on sale :)

Since there were outlets close to where we were staying and since the outlets were having their end of the season clearance I was able to get a linen, fully lined Eddie Bauer skirt for $4.99. I can't wear it at th moment, but I will need something to wear next summer as the baby weight comes off.

And my big splurge of the trip was my Vera Bradley diaper bag. It isn't a diaper bag per say, but just a large tote with lots of pockets and room for baby necessities.

No comments: