Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Book Meme (or It's a Really Slow Work Day)

I found this at Rocks in My Dryer and thought it looksed like fun. Please feel free to play along, just leave me a comment so that I can check out your answers.


Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Hardback, but that is only because that is what the library buys.

Amazon or brick and mortar? Amazon.com or BN.com.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Barnes & Nobel. They have stayed truer to the notion of a "book" store.

Bookmark or dogear? Depends. Library books get book marks, my books get a combination of both.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Well, First they are seperated by subject, then by author, and then by title. (I AM a librarian after all!)

Keep, throw away, or sell? Some I keep, some get donated to wither Goodwill or the local library's book sale, some I sell at my semi annual yardsale. I NEVER throw away a book!

Keep dustjacket or toss it? If they come with them I keep them.

Read with dustjacket or remove it? Usually keep them on and use the little flap for a bookmark.

Short story or novel? Novel. Although Poe's short stories are divine.

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? A little from column A a little from column B.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter all the way!

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Chapter breaks is what I aim for although I don;t always make it.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Both are trite and overused.

Buy or Borrow? Borrow from the library when possible. Buy when necessary or truly coveted.

New or used? Depends on the book. More and more are being purchased used.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Well, I do most of my professional purchasing based on reviews. I don;t really take recommendations because my tastes vary from day to day. Browsing, or as a library school professor used to say "the serendipity of searching" works too.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Sad to say I prefer a tidy ending. Life IS the ultimate cliffhanger.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? All day reading.

Stand-alone or series? usually stand alone but I do have a soft spot in my heart for a few series.

Favorite series? The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

Favorite children's book? Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Behind the Attic Wall. A children's book which I reread once a year. Oh so good!

Favorite books read last year? A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

Favorite books of all time? Jane Eyre. Gone with the Wind. Outlander.

Least favorite book you finished last year? I didn't really like The Quite American.

What are you reading right now? The Last Tempation by Val McDermid and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.

What are you reading next? Not Buying It and Birthing from Within.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you still had and or read Behind the Attic Wall. I'm sooooo proud!


Mom