Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Casserole Love

I love casseroles. I don't exactly know why. They are truly humble food, but they are real home food. Restaurant's don't serve casseroles normally. My hubby is not a huge fan of casseroles, but he is usually good sport and eats them when I make them. I can, hands down, tell you that hubby would not eat the Duggar's Tater Tot Casserole, but I have such a desire to make it that its not even funny.

TATER TOT CASSEROLE
2 lb ground turkey cooked, seasoned, drained
3 2lb bags tater tots
2 cans cream of mushroom
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken
Brown meat & place in large cass. dish.
Cover with tater tots. Mix soup & milk together.
Pour over top. Bake at 350 for 1 Hour.
(One of Daddy’s Favorites!) Makes 2- 9”X13” pans

Why is this so appealing to me? Anyone made it? Is it any good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore Tater Tot Casserole. It's one of my favorites but I never make it at home - DH's family ate it so much (it was and is his brother's fave as well) that he now hates it. How he can hate something so delectable is beyond me.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say - our recipe is actually a bit different from that one you posted. We include chopped onions to our ground meat as it's cooking (we typically use ground beef, but turkey would be much healthier). I think sometimes we also add cheese to the inside and sprinkle more on the top.