Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My New Starbucks Obsession


Hi, My name is Molly and I am an addict. (all respond, Hi Molly!)


I used to have a very powerful and expensive addiction to Starbucks. Specifically their Venti Non-Fat Sugar Free Vanilla Lattes. It took alot of willpower but I was able to break myself of this addiction. Since I found out I was pregnant I have cut all caffine and all sugar substitutes out of my diet. (It also helped that I threw up for 6 weeks and did not feel like drinking coffee) I stopped going to Starbucks, I had money in my wallet. That is until Friday.


After my doctor's appointment I decided to treat myself a little and get an herbal iced tea at Starbucks.


There was a very very pregnant woman infront of me in line and she ordered a pumpkin spice frapaccino. I commented that that sounded good, she said she was addicted. I am not a huge fan of frapaccinos, so I ordered the latte when it was my turn.
I paid and went to the other end of the counter to pick up my drink. The barista had mistakenly made me a pumpkin spice frapaccino, so while he was remaking my drink he said to just take the frapaccino too. I am not one to turn down a free... well anything, so I took both the frapaccino and my latte. And in a huge moment of gluttony I drank both of them, thank you very much.
Ever since that pumpkin spice started to surge through my veins I have been jonesing for more, more, MORE!
Apparently I am not alone. Both Ariela at Baking and Books and Amy at Motherload share my addiction and both have come up with copycat recipes.
I will be trying both recipes and reporting back. Until then, I will sit here and try and dry my pumpkin spice addicted ass out.

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

Sounds good! I haven't tried that one yet.

Molly said...

You might be best advised not to start!

No, I'm kidding, they are really good!

Amy said...

Oh, I hope you like my faux recipe. I actually went and got one and I think I like mine better. I am fooling my brain into thinking that anyway :)

Soooo yummy!