Thursday, August 09, 2007

Aprons

I love aprons... I really do. Not because they have any sort of symbolic meaning to me, but simply because (as my husband will tell you and anyone else who will listen) I am really messy. I always spill or drip something on my when I am eating, I have a tendency to wipe my hands on my pants when I am baking, I am just messy.

Aprons help with this particular problem. I have two aprons at the moment. One vintage apron from the 50s that I got at a yard sale as a little girl with which I used to play dress up. My other apron is a chef style apron that my mom made me for Christmas when I had my first apartment.

I am thinking that I would like another apron, one that criss crosses in the back like this one



I know how to sew and I have a good machine, I just haven't had the inclination recently. However, before I put away the machine when we turn our guest room into the baby's room, I might have to whip up a scalloped apron from the Paisley Pincushion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute, I'll help you if you get stuck making the apron. Let me know if you are going to order, I saw a dress pattern that I might like.

Anonymous said...

As a fellow messy cook and eater, I love aprons too. That pattern is so adorable! I can't wait to get a machine and try my hand at some of these projects.