Monday, August 06, 2007

Cravings


I am almost 15 weeks pregnant and the one question I get asked the most aside from "How are you feeling?" is "What are you craving?" I usually answer nothing really, aside from lemonade which I could drink gallons of everyday and never be satisfied.

However, I realized that this is not an entirely true statement. I do have cravings its just that they change from day to day. For example, I am at this very moment craving macaroni and cheese in the worst possible way. Not just any macaroni and cheese, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, you know the blue box, the orange powder, the chemicals... yum!

Anyway, It stuck me Saturday night that this craving for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese was an honest-to-god craving as I was standing over the stove eating cold, congealed, Kraft Mac 'n Cheese out of the pan with a fork and wishing, wishing that I had more.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I had those cravings too, actually, I still do!

I made some the other night, and boy was it good. I just cooked up Macaroni, and poured a mixture of melted cheese, milk, flour and a little milled flax over it.

The next night I added some leftover chopped pork and spaghetti sauce, and baked it with more cheese(parmessean) on top. YUM, are you hungry now. ;)

I bet you are having a girl. I heard that if you crave sweets and carbs it's most likely a girl, and if you crave spicey foods, it's a boy. Funny because that's how it worked out for me.

Thankfully, my area had a Philly Cheese Steak place nearby which made them with hot peppers. I ate a lot of those when I was pregnant with my son. I can still remember how good it tasted!

Anonymous said...

That was exactly my craving too - Kraft Mac and Cheese. That, and milk. Both times. And to follow Alexandra's theory - both of my babies were girls.