Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Homemade Eye Makeup Remover -- 7 Days of Homemade -- Day 1 --

I thought it might be fun to share a week's worth of homemade goodies that I actually make and actually use.

Today is Day 1 and I am really pleased to share this homemade eye-makeup remover.  I am pleased to share it for a number of reasons:

1.  It is REALLY cheap to make
2.  It can be made with a limited amount of crap (chemicals, preservatives, etc).
3.  It REALLY works!


What you need:

1 Cup of Distilled Water

1/4 tsp. Baby Shampoo or Dr. Bronner's unscented baby liquid castille soap (I used Dr. Bronner's)

1 tsp. Olive Oil


Mix all ingredients and stone in a jar/bottle with a lid. 


To use, soak a cotton ball or a reusable "cotton" round in the liquid and swipe across eyelids.  This tok all of m eyeliner and mascara off with very little effort on my part.  I didn't notice any kind of oily residue either.


Disclaimer:  I do not have particularly sensitive skin, I do not have any eye conditions, not do I wear contacts.   

No comments: