Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Scrub -- 7 Days of Homemade -- Day 3

I love a good sugar scrub. Or salt scrub.  Ok, maybe I just really like to exfoliate.  It is like a spa treatment minus the large German women in my own shower.

I have been making my own sugar scrubs (even giving them as gifts) for about 5 years now.  A friend of mine gave me a sugar scrub for Christmas that she had made and I loved it.  She obliged me with the recipe and now this is my go to scrub!

Thank you Stephanie Kotz for this wonderful recipe!

1 cup white sugar
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1/2 cup grapeseed oil (Coconut Oil would work too).
2 drops peppermint oil (although 1/2 to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract would work too)

Mix sugar & cocoa powder. Stir in 1/4 cup oil and peppermint, adding up to 1/4 cup more oil based on your desired consistency. You can add a drop or two of vitamin E oil if desired. Spoon the scrub into containers with tight fitting lids. Enjoy! **Plastic Chinese takeout containers work well for this**


Confession:  I do occasionally splurge of Lush's Ocean Salt from time to time


1 comment:

Sheila said...

Oh My!!!! I am soooo going to do this! Thanks for this post!