Monday, March 18, 2013

Blackberry Frozen Yogurt -- 7 Days of Homemade -- Day 7

Ahhh the final day of my 7 Days of Homemade series!

Let's talk about ice cream... homemade ice cream in particular.  I am really lucky to have a fantastic ice cream maker that I use a lot and yesterday I used it to make my first even batch of frozen yogurt.  OMG is it good!  This recipe is a keeper so I thought I would share it with you today.



Blackberry* Frozen Yogurt

3 Cups Blackberries (If frozen thawed)
1 Can on Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 Cups Greek Yogurt

1.  Combine berries and  condensed milk in the blender and blend until smooth.
2.  Milk the berry mix into the greek yogurt.
3.  Put in ice cream maker and mix until frozen to desired consistency.
4.  Optional:  Ice cream is always better if it has time to "age" in the freezer a few hours.

* You can use any berry in this recipe :)

No comments: