My basic winter car kit includes:
- Boots and Warm Socks
- Mittens/ Gloves for me and Nate
- Hat for me/Hat for Nate
- Folding Shovel
- Ice scraper/Snow Brush
This year I added a few extra items that hopefully I will never need:
- Portable Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Bottled Water in Ziplock Bag
- Shelf Stable Meals -- I found these at Target
- Tow Strap
- Empty Chinese Food Container with Lid (For when you gotta go)
In addition, I always have a flashlight, mylar blanket, razor/box cutter, water proof matches, empty reusable water bottle, baby wipes, hard candy, hand sanitizer, tissues, umbrella, notebook, pen, crayons, and books.
Hopefully, This prepares me enough for whatever situation I might find my self in.