Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2012

A lot happened in 2012...
  • We were sick A LOT!
  • My dad had a heart attack
  • Jon's grandfather died
  • Nate broke his collar bone
  • I had to get stitches in my finger
  • We took Nate to North Carolina for the first time
  • Nate saw the ocean for the first time
  • I presented at my first conference
  • Jon changed jobs and greatly reduced his stress :)
  • My annual program was covered by the press for the second time
  • I got over my fear of canning
  • I planted a not-very-successful garden
  • I tried composting
  • I tried brewing my own kombucha
  • I made a new friend
  • I became addicted to Pinterest
  • I crafted and sewed more than ever
  • I read a few good books
  • Nate discovered his LOVE of all things Angry Birds
  • and the list goes on...
2013 is here and although, for me, it started out with a sleepless night, terrible dreams, a way-too-early rising, and fighting with a dog over a heartworm pill, but I am confident that things will go up from here.

I don't really "do" resolutions, but there are a few things I would like to do this year.

  • Save more, spend less
  • Make most if not all of my holiday gifts for next year
  • Explore the knitting of socks
  • Can more
  • Learn to use a pressure canner

2 comments:

Maria said...

I like your list for this year. Don't be afraid of knitting socks, it is fun. I knitted my first pair last year, not having made any in my 40+ years of knitting. Start with something simple and take it from there.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

good resolutions...can't wait to see how it all works out!

Mom