Thursday, June 02, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

I hear this slogan all the time, I have used it from time to time myself.  The problem is that although I am really good at the "recycle" part, and pretty good with the "reduce" part, I am not really all that good with the "Reuse" part.  I mean, I buy products that I can reuse, like microfiber cloths, cloth pads, sandwich wraps, etc.  but I know there are people who take things like milk jugs and turn them into cat litter scoops, etc.  Think Tightwad Gazette kind of reusing, that is something I aspire too.

With that in mind, I was pretty pleased with myself when I thought of this.

Although I still carry a fully diaper bag most of the time, I still keep a few essentials in my purse like wipes and crayons.  Until today the crayons were just floating around on the bottom of my purse hard to get to and marking everything else up.

Nate loves, mini M &Ms on his ice cream, so I usually have them in the house.  Mini M &Ms come in these cute little tubes:

I used the last of the M &Ms tonight on dessert and had a tube leftover.  It occurred to me that it was slightly longer then a crayon, and would be the perfect container to keep my purse crayons in.  So, I peeled the label off, put the crayons inside, and wrote on it with a sharpie so that anyone looking for crayons in my purse would be abel to find them.  It is not very elegant, but it is fully functional and I got to "reuse" something.  A win/win in my book.



It holds about 7 crayons

No comments: