Friday, June 24, 2011

Pinapple Cocnut Rice

I am kind of feeling like I am in a food rut.  I don;t really have a lot of time to spend experimenting with new side dishes.  Especially when I start cooking dinner at 7:30 on most week nights.  That is why I was so pleased when someone suggested I make mango rice as a side dish the other night.  Originally I dismissed the idea as I had no mango in the house, but then I got to thinking.... I bet that would taste pretty good with Pineapple instead of mango... and away we went.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
  • 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained

Directions

In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the rice and stir to coat with the oil. Add the coconut milk, water, and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in the mango. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.

Remove the rice from the heat and fluff with a fork. Place a clean, dry dish towel over the pan, cover with the lid, and let steam for 5 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments: