Sunday, June 05, 2011

Peanut Butter

When I found all natural peanut butter for $0.89 a jar at Amelia's I actually did a little happy dance in the aisle.  I am sure the other shoppers thought I was nuts (no pun intended) but I could have cared less.  Natural peanut butter is expensive and we go through a lot of it.

Although I love just about everything about natural peanut butter the one thing I don't like is how it separates and needs to be stirred.  There just doesn't seem to be a good way to mix up peanut butter. 
My first inclination is to just stick a fork in the jar and mix it up, but I have tried this method 1,000 times and failed.  I know there is a contraption you can buy the stir the peanut butter in the jar, but who wants to spend money on somthing like this:

What I have found works best, even if it does create more dishes is my hand mixer.  Scrap all the unmixed peanut butter into a bowl, cream it together with the hand mixer and then scrape the mixed peanut butter back into the jar.  It is fast, easy, free (since I own the hand mixer already, and the peanut butter doesn't seem to separate again as quickly as if mixed by hand.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I find that after I've stirred it the first time, if I put the jar upside down in the fridge, it doesn't seem to separate.