Sunday, February 19, 2012

Growing Herbs in Tea Tins

So, as you all know I am a complete Pinterest addict.  One of the first things I ever pinned were these herbs being grown in recycled/upcycled tea tins which I found on this blog: http://frangipanidecor.blogspot.com/2010/11/urban-garden-unusual-containers.html


I love the re-purposing.  I love the colors.  I love the idea of non-breakable, non-plastic pots for plants.  Unfortunately, I don't drink tea that comes in tins like this.  Or tea that comes in any kind of tin I could up-cycle.

So, imagine my complete delight when I took a stroll through the Smith & Hawken isle at target and found these beauties waiting for me to take them home.

 
ok, so it is not up-cycling or recycling and it really wasn't frugal either but... they look so darn cool!

No comments: