Friday, February 24, 2012

De-Cluttering: The 100 Things Challenge

A few times a year I get an overwhelming urge to purge the house of the stuff that seems t collect everywhere.  Usually this happens right after New Years, when I can see all the holiday gifts that have entered the house and now have to find a place for.  I did a mini-purge in January, but for some reason feel the need to do it again.  Maybe I just don't like the fact that every closet in my house is filled to maximum capacity?  Maybe I am feeling the urge to do more food/supply storage/disaster prep...Who knows.  Anyway , I have decided to take on a de-cluttering challenge, the 100 Things De-Cluttering Challenge that I first saw on Money Saving Mom.

It is a pretty simple challenge... find 100 things to remove from your house.  You can give them to friends, give them to Goodwill, recycle them, or simply throw them away; but the number must be 100, and I am going to be it in 7 days.  I will post pics of my progress day by day.

Anyone else want to tackle this challenge with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

Mom

la famiglia said...

Oooh, I'm feeling the need to purge too! Maybe I will join you. Going to check out the blog post on Money Saving Mom this weekend!