Friday, July 29, 2011

New Books

This may sound shocking, but I don't buy that many books. This is actually pretty radical for a librarian not to buy books, we usually are the kind to haord them. I used to buy books a lot, but then I would read them once and then donate them to Goodwill and it just seemed like a waste of my money.  I check a lot of books out of the library, I mean I am there practically everyday and what we don't have I can get through Interlibrary Loan, plus... I am a librarian I should really use the system that keeps me employed.

Anyway, As you know, Borders is going out of business and although I don't buy books that often I do love a good sale.  So I went in... twice. 

The first time I was really unimpressed with the 10% off.  10% are you kidding me... a whopping $1.60 off a book hardly makes it worth it.  I tried to restrict my purchases to the things that were 40% off like the magazines and the cards.  I got a bunch of craft/sewing/cooking magazines which I put away for vacation and a whole slew of birthday cards for use throughout the rest of the year.  I decided to go back to day.  I picked up a few more magazines and cards, and then I succumb to the temptation and bought a few books even though I don't really consider 20% off to be any kind of substantial sale and I could have done way better on Amazon.

I have wanted both of these for a while and since they were right there infront of me instant gratification won.  I now own muy very own copy of

Sew Liberated



and Bend the Rules Sewing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would love to look at these...can I?

Mom