Friday, July 29, 2011

Pudding Pops

I have the fondest memories of Jell-O Pudding Pops.  They must have been expensive because my mom didn't buy them a lot, but when we did have them, they certainly were the most coveted of all the Popsicles.  Not that I have spent a great deal of time looking, but I don;t think you can buy Jell-O Pudding pops any more.  I heard from one mom that they have something similar but by a different maker.

I thought that if Nate was going to experience a Pudding Pop, it should be as close to the original as possible.  So I scoured the Internet,  found a recipe and made some.

I have played around with making popsicles for a few years.  First I made Nate a breast milk mom-sicle, and then orange juice pops and kefir pops.  I have purchased every cheap-o, dollar store, Walmart popsicle mold that exist, and I have recycled every single one of them.  SO this year I decided to spend a little money and get some real popsicle molds... they were worth every penny:

I bought them here.

As soon as they arrived from Amazon, I washed them, dried them, and made pudding pop!

The Recipe:


1 box of pudding mix
Milk
1/2 Cup Cool Whip


Prepare the pudding according the directions on the box.  Stir in the Cool Whip.  Pour the pudding/cool whip mix into the mold and then freeze. (It really can't get much easier).

The Result:  They are good.  Not exactly the same as I remember the commercial pudding pops being but good nonetheless.  I used sugar free, fat free instant pudding this time, next time I will try some of the cooked, non-instant kind to see if that makes a difference.

How does Nate like them?  I don;t know as I haven't actually shared them with him yet... bad mommy, bad mommy!

No comments: