Thursday, July 07, 2011

Low Carb Baked Tortilla Chips

I am a genius!  Ok, it is not like this is even an original idea, but it is SOOO easy and SOOO good that I had to share.

Last weekend my parents had a BBQ.  One of my dad's friends makes this amazing crab dip which we usually eat with either tortilla chips or pita chips.  Oh the pita chips... I should really not get this excited about snack food, but I do <>.



Anyway, there was crab dip left over which I ended up taking home.  Hubby had hockey last night which meant I was on my own for dinner.  There was really only one choice for dinner and that was the crab dip.  I was planning on going to the store to get some pita chips, but life got in the way and that didn't happen, so I was planning on tortilla chips out of the bag. 

But then it hit me... I could make my own tortilla chips with the low card flour tortillas I had in the fridge.

They turned out great... sort of a cross between a regular tortilla chip and a pita chip with less less carbs, fat, and salt.  Plus they were super tasty and crunchy with the crab dip.

1.  Take two (or more) low carb tortillas and, using a pizza cutter, cut them into wedges. (I cut each tortilla into 8 wedges)
2.  Bake the wedges at 375 for about 10-15 minutes.
3.  Enjoy with the dip of your choice.

P.S.  This method works great with regular flour tortillas and corn tortillas too!

No comments: