Monday, January 28, 2008

Monkey Bread Obsession

Lately I have been OBSESSED with monkey bread. I don't know exactly why, but I have made three loaves this week and hubby made one last night. I have finally (or I should say we, hubby helped) perfected my monkey bread recipe and I thought I would share:

Molly's Monkey Bread

1/2 cup sugar
3 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
2 large cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (like Grands) or 4 small cans of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (melted)

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan.

2. In large plastic food-storage bag, mix sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Separate dough into biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.

3. Mix brown sugar, butter, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and remaining cinnamon sugar mixture from bag; pour over biscuit pieces.

4. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

2 comments:

la famiglia said...

Your monkey bread was so delicious the other night and I can not wait to try out the recipe!

Abbi said...

Monkey bread is so yummy. Reading that made me hungry.