Thursday, November 29, 2007

Peppermint Bark

A few weeks ago I promised my friend Lisa that I would give her my recipe for peppermint bark. Since I was typing it out I thought I would hare it will all of you as well.

1 pound white chocolate (I buy big slabs at Trader Joes)
12 candy canes
1 tsp. peppermint oil (or 1 Tbs. Peppermint extract)

Melt white chocolate. This can be done in the microwave by cooking for 30 seconds, stirring and checking, and cooking for another30 seconds, stirring and checking, etc. until the white chocolate is melted.

Unwrap and bash up the candy canes. I do this either in a zip top bag with a rolling pin or meat mallet or in the food processor.

Mix candy cane pulp and peppermint oil into melted white chocolate.

Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined jelly roll pan and refrigerate until completely set. Break into pieces.

Store in refrigerator.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

la famiglia said...

You are the best Molly!! Thanks for posting the recipe and I can not wait to try it out!

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Isn't it amazing how something so simple can be so yummy. I make this every year, except I don't bother with the peppermint oil. Just white chocolate and crunched up candy canes.