Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holiday Baking


I have been thinking about my holiday baking recently. Maybe it is because it is finally consistently cold enough to do some baking, or perhaps because I have the energy to bake or perhaps it is all a part of nesting. Who knows. Anyway, there are several confections that I make every year and have been making for a couple of years such as peanut butter fudge, white chocolate peppermint bark, ginger snaps, earl grey tea cookies, chocolate covered shortbread and a few others.

This year am thinking about scaling back and tailoring my baking to the ingredients that are already plentiful in my pantry. I will make the peanut butter fudge and the peppermint bark because I have all of the ingredients and I give most of these away as gifts.

I have a dearth of coconut, Jams of every flavor, and oatmeal, so I was thinking about making the Barefoot Contessa's Jam Thumbprints which will use the Jam and the coconut. I was also thinking about making the mock nutrigain bars the Amy (Motherload) talked about which would use still more Jam (I have A LOT of Jam) and the oatmeal. My other option is to make Nigella's cranberry, white chocolate, pecan oatmeal cookies which are wonderful!

What are you baking for the holidays?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what I'm baking this year. All your ideas sound yummy! Probably my peanut butter cookies and my cut out cookies, but other then that I don't know. Now I have to think about it. We did talk about doing something as co worker gifts but I don't remember what....do you?

Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I like the Union logo!

la famiglia said...

I do like the easy-to-do sugar cookies, almond cookies dipped in chocolate and peanut butter cookies. I'm going to attempt the peppermint bark for the first time this holiday - I can't see spending money on buying it anymore!

Molly said...

Lisa,

I will email you the recipe this weekend. It is super easy to make!

Lylah Ledner said...

Hi Molly

Those thumbprints stir up some fond memories with my own mom. We made them every year. Great photo!

blessings..lylah

ps...i'm just working on baking planning...but every wednesday, my grandkiddos and i bake something!

Michelle said...

I'm making the following:

Chow Mein Clusters
Caramel Shortbread squares *mil*recipes*..
sugar cookies
gingerbread cookies
eggnog loaf at least one..
a few... lol

Wendy said...

Not sure about Christmas cookies yet. Where's the time going this year? I don't even have decorations up yet!