Friday, May 11, 2007

My Favorite Bread



I was in a baking frenzy last night making Blackberry muffins, Cranberry bread, and Whole wheat bread.

I have been playing around with the bread recipe and have finally got it to a place where I am consistatly happy with the bread it produced. Here is the recipe:

Whole Wheat Bread with Flax Seeds

1 1/8 cups Hot Water
2 Tbs. olive oil
3 Tbs. honey
1/2 Tbsp salt
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup toasted whole flax seed (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
2 tsp. Vital Wheat Gluten
1 packet Instant Yeast

Put ingredients in bread machine in order (wet on the bottom, dry on top, yeast last). Select the rapid whole wheat setting. I also chose the light crust option, otherwise my bread machine chars the bread but all machines are different.

This makes 1 1.5 pound loaf.

No comments: