There are lots of ways to save money or to make money go farther... here are the frugal habits that I have cultivated that I am proud of
1. Wash and re-use Ziplock bags or better yet, use Tupperwear instead
2. Take my lunch to work everyday
3. Take my tea/coffee in a thermos to work everyday
4. Stopped buying books (very hard for a bibliophile) and use the library
5. Buy most, if not all, gifts and wrapping at Goodwill
6. Replace disposable Swiffer cloths with reusable microfiber
7. Replace disposable pads for Swiffer Wet Jet with reusable terrycloth
8. Refill Swiffer Wet Jet with my own cleaning fluid
9. Make cleaning fluid by reconstituting Simple Green Concentrate purchased in bulk and use it for everything
10. Make bread
11. Use my clothes line as much as possible
12. Wash all clothes in cold water
13. Make my sugar scrub instead of buying it.
14. Buy most of our produce at the produce outlet (5 pounds of bananas for $1.50)
Here are the habits I will cultivate when I deplete stockpiled items
1. Make laundry detergent
2. Make dishwasher detergent
Here are the non-frugal habits I need to break
1. I am still fat and fat us not frugal!
2. I have a tendency to shop when I am feeling blue/stressed
3. I LOVE Prestige cosmetics like Nars, Shu Emoura, Kheils, Benefit, and Philosophy
4. I give into laziness too often and rely on things like chicken fingers and tater tots for dinner.
What are your frugal habits/non-frugal habits?