Friday, February 23, 2007

Pumpkin Muffins


I found some leftover pumpkin in the refrigerator last night and went to my cookbooks in search of a recipe to use it up. I found one in the Goosberry Patch Pumpkin Cookbook. I tweaked it a bit and here is what I came up with.

Pumpkin Cream Muffins

Muffin Batter:
2 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/4 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Oil
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt

Cream Filling:
1 (8-oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Splenda

Streusel Topping:
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
3 tbsp. Flour
2 tbsp. Butter

Mix batter ingredients together and set aside. Blend filling ingredients until smooth and set aside. Combine streusel ingredients and set aside.

Pour pumpkin batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Fill 3/4 full. Spoon heaping tablespoon of cream filling mixture in center, pushing it down just a little bit. Sprinkle with enough streusel topping to cover the entire top of the muffin.

Bake at 350ยบ F. for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.

Makes 12 muffins.

I will post pictures when I get home this afternoon.

2 comments:

Frosty said...

I just made these pumpkin muffins from your recipe. They are delicious. I also added some vanilla because I have a habit of doing that.

Molly said...

Frosty,

Its funny you mention vanilla, becasue as I was making the muffins I thought I should put some vanilla in these but I never did. I will amend the recipe. I think vanilla makes everything a little better.