Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gravy Snob

This Thanksgiving was the first time that I ever attempted making gravy from scratch.  It always seemed so intimidating before that I just cracked open a jar and moved on.  This year I decided that it was time to tackle my fear. So, when I saw this recipe for Giblet Gravy posted on Simply Recipes I decide to go with it. 

The process was relatively simple.  Make a stock out of the giblets.  Add pan drippings. Add chopped up giblets.  Thicken.  So that's what I did.  It was divine!  I, as a rule, do not eat liver or any kind of filtering organ, however, I slurped up every last drop of this gravy, little bits of live and all.

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures, but trust me it was good.  I didn't really know how good until last night when I was heating up leftovers and had to use jarred gravy.  Oh my god!  Swill... jarred gravy is swill now that I have tasted the nectar of the Gods.  No, not ambrosia... giblet gravy!

Who knew I would turn out to be a gravy snob?

No comments: