Monday, July 26, 2010

Whole Wheat Nutella Breakfast Bread

This is for Lisa who LOVES Nutella...

A while ago Lisa posted this recipe for Chocolate Chip Bread, which I in turn made and posted about here. I mentioned in that post that I had thought about swirling Nutella through the batter. Yesterday I decided to give it a try. Below is the resulting recipe... TRY IT, you will thank me.

Photobucket

Whole Wheat Nutella Breakfast Bread


3 cups White Whole Wheat flour
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 c. milk
2 TBsp. oil
2 tsp. vanilla paste (you could use vanilla extract, but the flavor will not be as intense)
1/3 cup + 2 Tbs. Chopped hazel nuts
1/2 cup + 2 Tbs. Nutella

Directions:

1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

2. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry mixture all at once. Stir just until moistened.

3. Spead half of the batter in to a lightly greased and floured pan.

4. Spead Nutella over batter in pan. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of chopped hazel nuts over the Nutella.

5. Spread the remaining batter over top. Down the center of the batter make a little indentation. Spread 2 Tbs. of Nutella and 2 Tbs. of chopped hazel nuts in the indentation.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes


1 comment:

la famiglia said...

Uhm, that sounds and looks heavenly! I'm totally trying that out once I get back in town although I am definitely getting my fill of Nutella here in Italy. Truthfully, you can never have enough of the stuff!