Friday, July 23, 2010

500 Posts!

This is my 500th post. I feel like I should celebrate in some way, shape or form. I don't know if that is going to happen. Right now it is taking all of my collective willpower not to put my head down on my desk and fall asleep. You see... It turns out I am allergic to Stevia... Huh? I know you are scratching your head right? This post isn't making any sense... You're right, its not... so let me start from the beginning.

I am always trying to eat less chemical-laden food and more natural food. That said I have a house stocked with diet soda and Splenda :(. So, I decided that I would ditch the Splenda (which was created in a lab) for something more natural... Stevia. I bought some Truvia and put it in my iced coffee yesterday. Fine, no big deal, except I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was itchy. I didn't really think anything about that because I was reading a book that was talking about having fleas in bed and I thought I was itching at the THOUGHT of fleas in bed.

This morning I put Truvia in my coffee again and the longer I sat at work and the more iced coffee I drank the more I started to itch.. everywhere... my face, my head, my belly, everywhere. It was as if someone had given me morphine, which I am allergic to. So it dawned on me that I am probably allergic to Stevia and should stop drinking it. So I stopped drinking the iced coffee and went in search of Benadryl. Luckily a co-worker had some and I took both of them... BOTH OF THEM... i.e. TWO BENADRYL or as I like to call them, horse tranquilizers! And so that brings me to the trying "not to put my head down on my desk and fall asleep" from above.

[Author's Note: I was completely out of my mind in a Benadryl fog when I wrote the rambling nonsense above. But now that me head is clear I think it is funny so I am going to leave it there]

No comments: