Monday, July 26, 2010

Food Processor Ice Cream

Although I have a very nice double barrel ice cream maker, I rarely use it. The problem? You have to freeze the barrels for at least 24 hours before you can make ice cream. They are pretty big and bulky and there is rarely enough room in my freezer to get them good and frozen... and then there is the whole planning ahead thing... I'm not always so good with that.

So last week I went exploring and found this recipe for making ice cream without an ice cream maker. I made blackberry ice cream and it is GOOD!

1 c. heavy cream (1/2 pt.)
1/2 c. sugar
1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen fruit, not sweetened (I used blackberries)

While fruit is still in package, soften and separate with your hands. Using the sharpest blade in your food processor, mix all ingredients together completely. Scoop into individual dishes to serve. If served shortly after making, it is of mousse consistency. If stored in freezer, it will be ice cream.

No comments: