It feeds an army and is easy to assemble. Think of it as an ambrosia with a twist. And in case you were wondering, this is in no way, shape or form a "Whole" food.
- 8 ounces acini di pepe pasta, uncooked
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 1/4 c. juice)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling water 11 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, beat reserved pineapple juice, milk, sugar and pudding for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in pasta,and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.