It occurred to me today to think about all of the cornbread I REALLY liked and see if I could find the recipe. Well, as bad as it is, the corn bread I really like comes from Boston Market. So I Googled it and came up with a recipe clone that I think I will be making tonight after Nate goes to sleep. Here it is:
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 5 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 15 oz can of creamed corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and mix all dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased cupcake pans or mini loaf pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the pan (until pulls away from side a bit).
- Remove from pan and serve warm.