Friday, May 13, 2011

Tasty (Low Fat) Pork Chops

ARRRRG!  I posted this yesterday but blogger somehow erased it... here we go again.


The other morning I pulled out some boneless pork chops to thaw for dinner.  By the time I got around to actually making dinner I only had about 25 minutes to spare.  That was hardly enough time to marinade the pork.  Also, I was looking for a cooking method that I could walk away from for a little bit which meant that grilling or frying was out.  So, I decided to bread the pork and bake it.  Instead of your traditional breading method with flour and eggs and bread crumbs, I decided to slather the pork in Dijon mustard and then press it into bread crumbs.  I baked them for about 20 minutes on 375 (in my convection toaster oven so times may vary).  They were fantastic.  The coating was certainly not crunchy, but it was very tasty imparting an awful lot of flavor.  Best of all, this method added no additional fat and used up two pantry items!!!

No comments: