Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nate's Easter Basket


I am really proud of the Easter Basket I created for Nate this year for a number of reasons.  One, he loved everything in it.  Two, I did not spend a ton of money, so it was a pretty frugal endeavor, and Three, there was no candy in it for me to eat!

The Contents:

  • The basket and the "grass" are ours reused every year
  • Just Go to Bed by Mercer Mayer ($3.99)
  • A Toy Story jump rope ($1.00)
  • Side walk chalk ($4 on end of season clearance)
  • Non-Spill Bubble Cup with bubbles ($2.49 end of season clearance)
  • Kaleidoscope ($.62 on clearance)
  • Fisher Price Wheelies Train ($1.00)
  • Easter Thomas with Jelly Bean Car ($9.95)
  • Plastic Chicken Eggs (2 for $1.00)
  • Assorted mini trains and trucks (6 @ $.39 each)
 Grand total: $26.21

Not too bad.  The jump rope I found at Goodwill new in the package.  The bubble cup, bubbles, and side walk chalk were all end of season clearance last year.  I did splurge on the Easter Thomas but Nate is crazy for all things Thomas.    

No comments: