Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Day in the Life of Me -- Work Day Edition

4:28 -- Wake up from Horrible Dream, go back to sleep

5:35 -- Nate wakes me up and asks if he can come into my room.  He gets in bed with me and watchs Toy Story 3 while I eek out another 45 minutes of sleep

6:20 -- Alarm goes off.  Get up, shower, brush teeth.

6:40 -- Start to get dressed, do make up, do hair

6:55 -- Get Nate dressed.  His diaper has leaked and now there is a big pee spot all over my bed.  Strip bed including mattress pad.

7:00 -- Gather up supplies to be taken to my mom's house

7:05 -- Go down to kitchen and start getting everyone breakfast.  The night before I always fill a sippy cup with milk and put it in the fridge so Nate can get it himself in the morning.  Get nate settled at the table with his raisins.  Feed the dogs, give the dogs fresh water, give the dogs their celery, let the dogs out.  Put my breakfast (leftover muffins) in the toaster oven turn on the water for tea.

7:10 -- Let the dogs in.  Start making Nate's waffle.

7:15 -- Turn off the TV, try reasoning with Nate about sitting and eating breakfast while trying to eat my own breakfast.  Neither of these things works, so he get s a time out.

7:20 -- Nate is back at the table eating his waffle.  I finish my breakfast, clean up, make my tea in a travel mug, put away dry dishes, toad up the bags and take them out to the car, change Nate's shirt, put on his shoes and socks.

7:40 -- Lock up the house, give the dogs a treat and get in the car.

8:00 -- Drop Nate off at my mom's house

8:20 -- Leave my mom's house and head to work

8:30 - 5:30 -- Work

5:30 -- Go pick up Nate

6:00 -- Head home

6:30 -- Unload the car, unpack all the bags and start the bed time process: bath, PJs, books

7:30 -- Nate is in bed

7:35 -- Start dinner for me -- Chicken Tikka Masala, Basmati Rice, Peas, and Samosas

8:00 -- Settle in to eat dinner and watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

11:00 -- Bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was tired reading this until I realized, except for the Nate quotient, this is my life too! Whew! No wonder I'm so tired. My hours are 7:30 - 4:30 though.