Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chicken Marinated in Beer

I can never figure out what to do to chicken before it goes on the grill... I really can't, and it seems like no matter what I do to it it all tastes the same in the end... like grilled chicken.

So I was looking through the Dean Brother's cookbook, Ya'll Come Eat, that my best friend gave me for my first mother's day and found their recipe for Beer in the Rear Chicken. You know, where you grill the chicken on a full beer can... any way I had chicken breasts not a whole chicken to work with and their recipe call for Mayo which hubby won't eat so I came up with this marinade instead.

In a shallow baking dish place thawed chicken breasts.

Squeeze lemon juice over chicken.

Coat both sides of chicken with kosher salt, black pepper, paprika, and celery seed. Pour on can/bottle of beer over chicken and let marinate for a few hours. Flip the chicken over about half way through. Grill/bake as usual.

The chicken had a little beery flavor to it, not overpowering, but pleasant.

No comments: