Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Laziness...

I feel as if laziness has descended upon me. For the last couple of weeks I have... well to say I haven't been productive would be a gross understatement... I have been downright lazy. I have loose ends that need tying all over the house and I can't actually bring myself to do any of them. For example, Monday night after work I clean my kitchen. last night I looked around the kitchen and decided to go watch TV instead. It's not that it is all that dirty but.... jeeze! Here is a list of projects that need completing that I have been putting off for .... who knows how long:

1. Get touch up paint for my car. I was keyed and I need to stop at the dealer (around the corner) and buy paint
2. Plant $1 rose bush (it's still not in the ground yet)
3. Plant seedlings we started in the spring
4. Clean out linen closet
5. Wash all of the dogs' bedding
6. Make cards so I can mail them in time
7. Sew, cross stitch, craft in some way shape of form
8. Clean out my craft supplies
9. Clean out car
10. Thats all I can think of at the moment

I chalk some of this up to the fog I get in when working on school/class work, but I can't even motivate myself to do the things I like to do... like bake. I did make chocolate chip cookies yesterday but they were from refrigerated dough from Trader Joes (the shame! the shame!)

Anyone else get like this? How do you get motivated again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto!! I live in a state of laziness I think. It gets frustrating to try and climb out - because sometimes it starts from just a need to rest.

I get out of it by just starting and telling myself I need to do this one thing (I pick one thing to start on) and that I have to even if I don't want to, and I'll feel better when it's done, and that it will be over sooner than later.