Friday, June 21, 2013

Down Time???

A friend of mine, who shall remain nameless (but she has 3 kids and blogs here) once asked me, when Nate was an infant, when I had time to myself.  I remember laughing and jokingly saying, "oh honey!  I go to work for that!"

I think it was today that it finally hit home... I wasn't joking.  I really do go to work to "relax."  Ok, so relax isn't the right word, neither is "me time" but it is kind of close. 

Here is an example:  I took a half a vacation day this morning because I had to take one dog to the vet, meaning I didn't have to be at work until 1:00.  I got up at 7:30 and between 7:30 and 12:45 this is what I did:

  • Got a shower
  • Got dressed
  • Did 2 loads of laundry
  • Made the bed
  • Straightened up the living room
  • Recycled two huge boxes
  • Took the rest of the recycling out
  • Ate breakfast
  • Put the dry dishes away
  • Loaded the dishwasher
  • Took pictures
  • Picked up dog poop
  • Packed Nate's Lunch
  • Made my lunch
  • Loaded up with car with thing to go to Goodwill
  • Took the dog to the Vet
  • Took the dog home from the vet
  • Dropped something off at a friend's house
  • Picked up the drycleaning
  • Returned nail polish to Ulta
  • Took Nate to Build-A-Bear 
  • Took Nate to Autie Anne's for a treat
  • Dropped Nate off at my mom's house
  • Went to work
Oh My God!  That is 23 things accomplished before I went to work.  Oh My God!

No wonder I find work {{mostly}} relaxing... so far I have only had to do 3 things while I am here and most of them involve sitting down..

Yikes!  

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

i never saw this entry! i don't remember saying that... and now that i have kids of my own i really know the answer. i hear you- work is the time of the day where i do the least amount of work.