Saturday, May 18, 2013

Books, Books and More Books

I surprise many people when I say that I am a librarian but I don't get to read a lot of books.  I know that is it antithetical... books are my livelihood... I should be reading all the time right?  Well not really.  I am not that kind of librarian.  I am an academic librarian which means I don't do book clubs, story times, make suggested reading lists, etc.  I am an academic librarian which means that I find journal articles in databases, have mastered the APA citation style, and I can unjam a printer in less than 30 seconds.  Also, I am not permitted to sit in my office and read on the University's time.  Plus I have a kid so not a lot of free time for leisure reading. 

But, lately, I have been doing this thing where I turn the TV off and read a book.  It is marvelous, you all should try it!  Anyway, I am completely on a roll and I finished the follwing books in the last 2 weeks:

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris
The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson
Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach
Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach
The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule

And just today I started Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach

I would highly recommend all of them!
 


No comments: