Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Update on Weekend Baking and cooking


I did make the cornmeal cheddar waffles, but I did not use the recipe I linked to.  I decided to take a "semi homemade" approach or as I like to think of it "use what you have on hand" approach.  I used a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and some already shredded cheddar cheese.  There are instructions on the side of the box for how to make waffles from the mix, so I used those directions and then added the cheese.  They were really good!  I highly recommend this.  They come out of the waffle iron soggy, but after sitting for a few minutes they get crisp and they reheat beautifully in the toaster oven.

I did not make the Ethiopian Chicken stew although I am sure that I will in the near future.  I decided to make a vegetable soup with meatballs because, once again, it required things I had on hand.  I have thawed some ground beef and it needed to be cooked and I had a plethora of frozen stock and and half bags of frozen veggies.  I will post the recipe later, when I get home.

The brain cake I put on hold for the moment.  Maybe next week.  I did make a pumpkin Bundt cake for my mom using my pumpkin Bundt cake pan that I found at Goodwill for a steal. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nate and I had a piece of the cake today and it was yummy! Thanks!!!

Mom