I am not always well rested. Shocked? I thought you would be.
I know what you're thinking. "Preposterou! You are the mother of a toddler with a full time job, how could you NOT get your 8 hours a night???"
I don't know what to tell you ladies, I really don't.
Anyway, my point is that although I don't usually get the sleep I want/ need, I have co-workers who remark on a regular basis that I LOOK very well rested... and that I chalk up to makeup!
I wear makeup to work and I suppose if you were counting products I use on a daily basis, I use a lot of makeup.
Without fail I use:
1. lip gloss -- I don't really have a preference other than it be pinky and high glass. Moisturizing is a must as well.
2. concealer -- There are 2 that I like. Soap and Glory's Trick or Treat is really thick and creamy and does the job when you haven't slept in a year but you need to make people think they should still trust you. The other is Benefit's Ooh La Lift and is not so much a concealer as it is a "luminizer," meaning that it reflect light back and hides the dark circles.
3. highlighting stick -- Also know as a "luminizer" Benefit's Eye Bright used in the inner corner of your eye, makes your face look brighter and, well, more well rested.
4. eyeliner -- I like a cream eyeliner. I think you can get a better application, with better shading, and less trauma to the lid. I like Smashbox's Cream Eyeliner.
5. mascara -- I truly believe that, although I LOVE diamonds, mascara is a girl's best friend. Nothing does more for your eyes then mascara does: darken the lashes, open the eyes, divert attention away from flaw... oh mascara what won't you do? I use mainly drug store brands, in black, non waterproof, but I got a free sample of Sephora's Triple Action Mascara and I am LOVING it! Seriously, it does not clump, ever, at all... I didn't know it was possible.
6. blush/highlighter -- I use two different ones depending on the season, the weather, the outfit I am wearing although the both do essentially the same thing... brighten: Benefit's Dandilion and Benefit's One Hot Minute.
Sorry... there is nothing remotely frugal about this post.