Monday, September 15, 2008

I Love My Librarian!

The Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times has announced the




"Librarians in our nation’s 123,000 libraries make a difference in the lives of millions of Americans every day. Now is your chance to tell us why we should shine the spotlight on a librarian at your public, school, college, community college or university library. Nominate your librarian for the Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award!

Up to ten librarians will be honored. Each will receive $5,000 and be recognized at an awards ceremony hosted by The New York Times at TheTimesCenter in December 2008."

Of course, I am a librarian, and I am fabulous (if I do say so myself) and would love to be nominated, but I am really just trying to spread the word so that the librarians who have made a difference in your life can get the recognition we all deserve!

No comments: