Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Easy (and Cheap) Chalkboard Wall Art

Chalkboard paint is all the rage right now and why not?  It is fun to have the power to turn anything into a chalkboard.  I decided to hop on the bandwagon and create some chalkboard wall art.

1.  I found this, brand new, framed print of Audrey Hepburn at Goodwill for $3.  I never intended to hand it as is, but I liked the frame and that was well worth $3.



2.  Disassemble the frame.  Flip the print over and cover the back with the chalkboard paint according to the directions on the bottle.  For me I did 2 coats, let it cure for 24 hours, and then rubbed it with chalk.



3.  Create your art.  I like the scrabble like affect of our names to building off one another.



Total spent $10... $3 for the frame and $7 for the chalkboard print.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, they would make great gifts!