I finally found a great recipe for Irish Soda Bread, here it is:
4 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1cup raisins (or currants)
1Tablespoon of Caraway seeds if desired
1 cup buttermilk
1. Mix all of dry ingredients together, including the raisins.
2. Add the buttermilk and stir to combine.
3. Lightly shape dough into a ball and place on greased baking sheet (or on a silpat lined baking sheet)
4. Cut an X into he top of the dough ball
5. If desired, brush with milk or a beated egg.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 35- 45 minutes