Saturday, December 04, 2010

Best Husband Ever!!!

I really do have the best husband ever.  I mentioned lusting after this gelato maker over the summer:


It is the Delonghi GM6000 Gelato Maker with Self-Refrigerating Compressor.  It certainly wans't something I would buy for myself, but the idea of not having to take up freezer space with the barrels from our traditional ice cream maker was heaven.  Plus, we eat a lot of frozen desserts in our house.


Anyway, guess what my wonderful hubby got me for my birthday?  You betcha, the above mentioned gelato maker.  YEAH!!!!  I used it last night for the first time and made a wonderfully creamy dark chocolate ice cream in 25 minutes with no forethought wahtsoever.  It... was... wonderful!!!!


Here is the first batch whiring away on the counter.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you taking orders??? Do you have a drive up window?

Unknown said...

I am going to look up a recipe and we can make it when I am up on the 18th!!!

ML

la famiglia said...

Yum! Nice one Jon!