Must come to an end, so they say. My winter break (an almost 3 week long vacation) has come to an end and I am back at work officially. UGG! I did not want to come back, really. The longer I stay at home the more potential projects I see and the harder it becomes to get back into the routine of work. But, it does pay the bills, so here I am.
Unlike most years where I post about what I wanted to get accomplished over break and what didn't get done. This year I had no real plans, other than to get Nate out of a crib and into a bed. I did get a great deal accomplished though, and got to sped a lot of time with my little guy.
1. Moved Nate from a crib to a "big boy" bed. It went so much better than I ever imagined.
2. Put pieces of felt between my non-stick pans. Last year my mother-in-law bought me a wonderful set of green non-stick cookware. I had been storing it with my other pots and pans in a great heap in a low cabinet. I decided that since I really love this cookware and want it to last as long as humanly possible, I better start treating it nice! You can buy these things to put between pots and pans so that they don't get scratched, but a piece of felt (which I have plenty of) works great too.
3. Finished Nate's birth sampler. Ok, so this is kind of a cheat. I started this wonderfully complex Noah's Ark sampler before Nate was born. THat I put aside and found a much smaller and less complex sample that I started and finished in about 3 days. I don;t even care, he has a sampler and that was the important thing. Now to get it framed.
4. Shredded old files. 3 kitchen garbage bags full of old files!
5. Made LOTS of ice cream with my gelato maker. 3 pounds (of fat on me) worth of ice cream.
6. Purged the House, cleaned the house, reorganized the house. Self explanatory and on-going.
7. Took Jax to get a bath. This dog is terrified of water and I would much rather pay $30 to the people at Petsmart and let him hate them then try to wash him myself and have him hate me. It was so worth it too, he is a minky as ever!
8. Cooked, baked, ran errands, shopped, played LOTS of Trains, shoveled snow, etc, etc, etc.