Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Breakfast Burritos

Don't get me started on mornings... specifically those when I have to go to work.  No matter how much I do the night before (pack lunches, set out clothes, etc) there is never enough time for me to sit down and eat breakfast.  Ok, there would be time if I got up when my alarm went off instead of snoozing (there's a joke... I'm out cold) for another 15 minutes.  But seriously, those 15 extra minutes make all the difference.

Anyway, instead of buying something on the way to work, I actually did something smart and planned ahead.  I assembled breakfast burritos the other day.  Froze them in a big batch, and then all I have to do it heat them up and I can have something better than a convenience store danish for breakfast.

1. I laid the tortillas (small ones) on a cookie sheet and put down a layer of cheese






2.  I scrambled the eggs





3.  I divided the finished eggs among the tortillas





4.  I wrapped them up, wrapped them in plastic wrap, and put them in a Ziplock bag destined for the freezer





To eat, just remove the plastic, wrap in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1:30 - 1:45 minutes. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart frugal girl!!!


Mom